Friday, January 1, 2016

New Year's Resolutions You can Actually Stick To

First off I wish you all a Happy New Year! I hope 2016 will be as great as you imagine it to be. I had a small celebration within the family last night, and as the morning light came through the windows on the 1st of January it was time to start into the new year. Each beginning holds a promise of a fresh start and I guess that's why there are so many resolutions being made at this time. I'm not a believer in them actually. I don't think you can will yourself into changing overnight.

I do believe however that you can try new things and accomplish goals and that's what this post is about. New Year's Resolutions you can actually stick to should be about something that will fulfill you, but also get you going. Here are some of them, that might get you started.



New Year's Resolutions You can Actually Stick To


1. Take up a hobby

It's so important to have something to do other then work. I love my job, but I also need other things in my life to make it complete. From hanging out with friends, photography, cooking, traveling, music, etc. Take something you like and turn it into a passion. It's never too late.

2. Travel

Start small end big. I'm sure there is that one place in the city you always wanted to go to, but never got around, or that little spot in nature you heard a lot of good things about. Don't waste time, make every second count. If there are places you want to see, make a plan and stick to it. Buy the guide, the plane ticket or fill up the gas tank. You'll thank me later.

3. Declutter and Simplify

We all have that one drawer that is filled with rubbish (please say you do too :), or those papers we want to file for a long time, or old things that need throwing away. There are really two simple things when it comes to organizing your home (and life). Everything should have it's place in your home where it needs to be returned to, and also don't buy things you don't need. 

4. Start your day the right way

From a daily morning routine (washing, cleansing, moisturizing) to eating well for the start of your busy day, make sure to have a happy attitude in the morning. Things will be that much easier.

5. Adopt a dog

I'm saying dog specifically because I'm a dog owner, and I truly believe that they are mans best friend. They will enrich your life and make it happier. They will change it of course as well. I bought my dog, but would adopt in a heartbeat now.

6. Finish up what's holing you down

This might be the most indirect one, but it's a psychological thing that really holds true. Unfinished business really tends to drag us down. It's a very important life thing. Fix things you can, and move on if you can't.


 I wish you all a Happy and Prosperous new 2016!

31 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Mersad.
    I'm not one for resolutions, but your suggestions are good ones.
    I think everyday of every month of every year one can start anew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura. I wish you and Bill a Happy New Year as well. And yes, I agree about resolutions, these are more things you can do any time of the year to start again.

      Delete
  2. Love your resolutions, esp #5! Very timely because as of yesterday we commited to adopt the little poddle we have been fostering for an animal rescue agency. Yes, a new beginning for us and for our new pooch. May 2016 bring you much happiness with good health!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really wonderful Kate! So happy for you. You will not regret your decision I'm sure. Best of luck!

      Delete
  3. Best wishes to you as well, Mersad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Mersad, great post and lovely images. I wish you all the best in 2016! A very Happy, healthy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are some good suggestions. Happy New Year, Mersad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great resolutions, many that I strive to accomplish on a regular basis. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos with the world. They're lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you a very Happy New Year, Mersad and thank you for your good wishes!! They are appreciated!! A beautiful and wise post for the day!! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a great year Mersad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are really great suggestions! Perfect in fact. Happy New Year Mersad. I look forward to seeing more fantastic photos from you this coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The coming year should bring many changes for you, now that you passed all of the tests. I do hope you will continue to find time for your blog. Love that last picture, by the way. Happy New Year, Mersad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Bill. Looking forward to your images in 2016 from the great Northwest!

      Delete
  11. ...then I look forward to sometime in the near future you show us your adopted dog....a friend and companion for the cute one you have already!!

    Declutter. That is one of the best ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were close a couple of time in 2015, so I think I could very well happen! :D

      Delete
  12. Great ideas! Small things really do make a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are great resolutions. I hope you are having a great start to 2016 and that it continues that way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year, Mersad! Declutter and simplify is high on my list for 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year, Mersad. Resolutions are something I quit making years ago. If something needs to be changed in my life, I try to tackle it immediately. Small steps, as you've suggested, are the best.
    I hope 2016 is a wonderful year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good list of resolutions! Happy 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great set of resolutions! I'm going to be working on simplification ;) I'd adopt a puppy but I don't think my Bourbie doggie or Cobbie could forgive me for that...and we don't really need three dogs ;)

    Thank you for sharing with us at Photo Friday! I hope you have a blessed new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm sure they would disapprove! Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  18. Mir keine Vorsätze gefasst lass ich das Jahr auf mich zukommen und positive Gedanken einfließen zu lassen.

    Ich wünsche dir und deiner Familie jedenfalls viel Gesundheit, Glück und Liebe für 2016.

    Herzliche Grüsse

    N☼va

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke Dir liebe Nova. Wünsche Dir auch ein Freues Neues Jahr!

      Delete
  19. Happy new year, Mersad!

    ReplyDelete
  20. happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy New Year buddy! Gorgeous pics and some good advice too...I pick the second one :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm definitely into the decluttering Mersad :) trying hard with the healthy eating, hoping it can last :) All the very best for 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm definitely into the decluttering Mersad :) trying hard with the healthy eating, hoping it can last :) All the very best for 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Interesting point that "Unfinished business really tends to drag us down." I need to think about that.

    ReplyDelete
  25. this is a good list! happy new year mersad!!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.