Sunday, November 23, 2014

Starbucks Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

The weekend is always a great time for baking, but when it comes to these Chocolate Chip Cookies, there will always be an excuse to make them. I call these Starbucks Chocolate Chip Cookies, simply because they are almost identical to those big, thick and chewy cookies you get in Starbucks (only these are fresh and homemade).

These cookies are intensely chewy and practically melt in your mouth. I present you the recipe as I have it, only in the images that follow you will notice that I added some nuts too, which are not in the original recipe. Scroll down for the complete recipe.

click on the images for a bigger view

The combination of white and brown sugar is what makes these so chewy. Use dark or light muscavado sugar here.


As I said, I added nuts into these, so they were a bit different then the written recipe. You can try this out and add anything you like (for example dry fruits).


The base dough can make you excellent plain cookies. If you don't want chocolate inside you can leave it out, and bake them plain.



This amount of cookie dough makes about bigger 12-14 cookies.



Starbucks Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe


Ingredients
  • 150 gr. (1 and 1/4 sticks) soft unsalted butter
  • 125 gr. (2/3 cup) soft light brown sugar
  • 100 gr. (1/2) sugar
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 1 egg fridge-cold
  • 1 egg yolk fridge-cold
  • 300 gr. (2 cups) flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
  • 300 gr. (10 ounces) milk chocolate morsels or chips

Method:
  • Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
  • Melt the butter and let it cool a bit. Put the brown and white sugars into a bowl, pour the slightly cooled, melted butter over them and beat together.
  • Beat in the vanilla, the cold egg and cold egg yolk until your mixture is light and creamy.
  • Slowly mix in the flour and bicarbonate of soda until just blended, then fold in the chocolate chips.
  • Scoop the cookie dough with an ¼ cup measure or a 60 ml round icecream scoop and drop onto the prepared baking sheet, plopping the cookies down about 8 cm / 3 inches apart. You will need to make these in 2 batches, keeping the bowl of cookie dough in the fridge between batches.
  • Bake for 15–17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks, to let them cool completely. Don't worry if they come out as if they are about to fall apart, they will firm up as they cool.
  • Store your baked cookies in a tight zip lock bag. That way they will stay chewy for a long time.


I hope that you will make these and enjoy them.

What is your favorite type of sweet treat?


36 comments:

  1. They are very tempting but I don't eat sweet things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you mentioned that before, I know you enjoy the savory recipes more.

      Delete
    2. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


      Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

      Ig

      Delete
  2. Great Cookies, they look delicious! And you really become a Foodblogger now ;-D! Your foodpics are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I try to mix in a recipe or two from time to time :)

      Delete
  3. they look wonderful. it is your photography skills I like best of all. you document your baking like works of art

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea they shared their recipe! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't share it as far as I know. As i said, these taste exactly the same it's not their recipe. Thanks so much for dropping by.

      Delete
  5. Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite cookie, and yours look great. My recipe differs slightly in that mine calls for a 1/2 tsp of salt, and I use bittersweet chocolate chips (60% Cacao). Walnuts or pecans just add to this cookie. You do photograph food wonderfully. Home made baking is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking cookies. It's hard to beat a chocolate chip cookie, especially a chewy one. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look sooo good Mersad, I dare not make them because I would eat them all, I have absolutely no willpower when it comes to sweet things :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite cookies!!! Going to try your recipe today, Mersad!! They do look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmm......cookies....Is there anything better than a chocolate chip cookie fresh from the oven? I think I need to bake some now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Mersad, your cookies look delicious.. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am always willing to try a new chocolate chip cookie recipe! Last one I used aded sour cream and it was delicious, just as these of yours look to be.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chocolate chip cookies are one of my favorite treats. And, I will have to try this recipe. This time of year lends itself to baking for me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bet your house smelled like heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yammi....diese Kekse mag ich auch gerne und ich würde mir jetzt sofort einen mopsen wenn ich könnte *gg*

    Schönen Wochenstart und herzliche Grüsse

    N☼va

    ReplyDelete
  15. The best part about baking is the house smells so warm and homy. Your cookies look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks delicious Mersad! Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love chocolate chip cookies and these look delicious. I am laughing when you say they will remain chewy in the zip bag. NO they won't as they would not last that long to be a problem!!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, I just tried your recipe and turns out so good! Because I don't have a light muscavado here, so I replace it to palm sugar. Yum! Thanks again, Mersad :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi and i'm wishing you a very happy and
    Its Awesome i like it wishing you happy new year and Merry christmas also
    Check out Happy New Year & Merry Christmas


    happy new year and Merry christmas also
    Check out Happy New Year & Merry Christmas
    Happy New Year 2019 SMS
    Happy New Year 2019 Quotes
    Happy New Year Wishes 2019
    happy new year wishes 2019-2020
    HAPPY NEW YEAR 2019

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it actually is 2021 now, wow time goes by quick

      Delete
  20. I decided to comment only after I try your recipe out myself and let me tell you I have never baked anything even remotely delicious to this :) Thank you so much for the wonderful recipe, my kids love the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello everyone my name is Joan from USA, i never ever believed in spell until i meet a man called Dr.Ogudugu, who helped me cast a spell that brought back my ex-lover to me within 48 hours. Dr.Ogudugu spells works beyond my imaginations and today i am happily married me and my ex-lover are now husband and wife. What more can i say rather than to say thank you Dr.Ogudugu for been there for me,contact Dr.Ogudugu today and your life will never ever remain the same. YOU CAN CONTACT Dr.Ogudugu VIA EMAIL: greatogudugu@gmail.com OR CALL HIM ON +27663492930

    NAME: JOAN
    COUNTRY: USA

    ReplyDelete
  22. My name is Mrs Aisha Mohamed, am a Citizen Of Qatar.Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Dr James Eric Finance Home he help me with a loan of $42,000 some days ago after been scammed of $2,800 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $42,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email:(financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com) call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


    Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

    GW...

    ReplyDelete
  24. joker เว็บคาสิโนออนไลน์ เราจะพาไปรวยได้ง่ายๆ ด้วยการเล่น สล็อต ที่มาพร้อมกับการจ่ายเงินก้อนโตจาก สล็อต
    ครองอันดับ 1 เกมสล็อตออนไลน์ที่ดีที่สุดแห่งปี มีเกม สล็อต ให้คุณเล่นมากกว่า 100 เกม.ทดลองเล่นสล็อต

    ReplyDelete
  25. joker ทางเข้า เกมสล็อต สล็อตโจ๊กเกอร์ joker ทางเข้า เกมสล็อต สล็อตโจ๊กเกอร์ พบกับเว็บสล็อต มาแรง ที่มีเกมสล็อตมากมาย เว็บสล็อตออนไลน์ ที่มีความมั่นคงและ ได้มาตรฐาน รองรับการเข้าเล่นจากทุกๆทาง พร้อมให้ผู้เล่นได้เข้ามา ทดลองเล่น

    ReplyDelete
  26. superslot สล็อตออนไลน์ ฝากถอนไม่มีขั้นต่ำ ถือเป็นอีกหนึ่งของเว็บไซต์ สล็อต
    แค่เล่นเกมจะสามารถสร้างรายได้จนทำเป็นอาชีพ หรือสามารถทำให้ท่านนั้นรวยข้ามคืนกันได้ง่ายๆ ทดลองเล่นสล็อต ฟรีทุกค่ายเกม

    ReplyDelete
  27. AnonymousJuly 04, 2022

    Online slots web superslot159 direct web, easy to deposit, real pay, easy to play, deposit withdraw, automatic system and many promotions. superslot โบนัส 100 เทิ ร์ น. 2 เท่า

    ReplyDelete
  28. ผู้เล่นหน้าใหม่ อยากเล่น สล็อตออนไลน์ สล็อตแตกง่าย ต้องการเลื่อนขั้นมาเป็นผู้เล่นสายเดิมพันประจำ เราขอแนะนำให้รู้จักกับ สล็อตเว็บตรง เว็บสล็อตออนไลน์รวมทุกค่ายเกมสล็อต ดังระดับสากลไว้ในเว็บเดียว

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.