Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Rainy Days [Exploring new sights]

I have often said that I don't think of moody weather as a barrier for photography, in fact I see it as a challenge and an opportunity to do something new. And while escaping to sunny days through old images has it's charm, there is also something to be said about going out in rainy weather and taking a look around.

I tried to come up with a theme while outside and stick with it. The theme for me was textures. I love textured images and grunge in images. While they are usually found in rusty objects (and I have found some too, that are included in this post), you can also see textures in organic objects, or in a combination of the two. I'll show you what I mean.

click on the images for a bigger view

In the first image you can see the bottom of our stone drinking fountain. The greens and greys of the stone and weathered conditions is contrasted with a textured green leaf, that you can see better in the second image.



Of course, when we say texture we immediately think of rust, like in the case of the next image. It's the backside of the old sign for the local fishpond.



Texture can be found in completely organic objects too. Like in the case of the next image, where the patterns are moving the eye in the same direction and creating a grunge-like effect.


Then there is a play between two organic objects, like water and stone, that, even though they are completely different, can create a symbiosis that harmonizes well.


I guess what I'm trying to say is, that there is beauty everywhere and in everything. You just have to look for it. And a rainy day can even help you discover those things.

28 comments:

  1. Beautiful captures for the day, Mersad! I always love the watery shots! Wonderful colors and textures! Thanks for sharing the beauty of your world and thank you for your visits and comments on my blog! I hope your week is going well!
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand what you are telling us, on a bright beautiful day, we might not notice these same textures you found, like that big rock with all the smaller rocks, we might be looking at the shine of the water. I like both of the signs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have boiled it down well. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. very nice shots. i really like the last two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a good post Mersad.....well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mersad...coole Ergebnisse trotz des suboptimalen Wetters !! Du hast völlig recht... der Regen bietet andere Möglichkeiten sich der Fotografie hinzugeben ! Aber da bin ich auch manchmal noch etwas zu vorsichtig...

    Grüße aus Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your attitude! The water and stones in the brook are beautiful together. I can close my eyes and hear it.

    Haven't been commenting lately because of a real pain in ithe neck. Meds not working yet. Computer and keyboard posture difficult, but I'll be back--don't go away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't go anywhere :) Hope you'll feel better soon.

      Delete
  7. What a great series Mersad. I love it! :-)

    Warm greetings from the Netherlands,
    dzjiedzjee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this post! You are so right: All we have to do is take the time to "look" !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful: you have captured absolutely a rainy day and its textures. I love the colours in the third pic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I appreciate that you encourage us to step outside our comfort zone and try new things and to look for the beauty that is around us.....I love the stream shot with the rocks....Reminds me of the stream that runs through our property in the mountains....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw those images of yours of the mountains, and they were great!

      Delete
  11. A good reminder, Mersad, that beauty is there for the beholding (and the photographing) if we'll just look for it. I especially liked the "purely organic" photo, but they each have a certain charm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These textures are magic, I love their tactile quality! Incredible. You've inspired me to give rainy days more of a chance:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear. Hope to see something on that theme on your blog soon.

      Delete
  13. really nice this series!
    have a good ... light!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The back of the old sigh would be useful to fabric designers. You inspire me, Mersad. Next rainy day I shall grab the camera and get out there. Who knows what I might discover.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am usually saddened when I see a rainy or overcast day because I worry that my camera will feel melancholy too, but maybe I nee to change my attitude. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read somewhere that a good cure for melancholy is actually to go outside with a camera and search for things that uplift you.

      Delete
  16. Beautiful shots! The first three have a very artistic feel.

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful serie of minimal art photography, i love the leaf
    Good job
    Ciao
    Stefano

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.