Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The Sunny Morning Cocktail [Non-alcoholic]

I fully realize that the photo-blog is almost turning into a food-blog, with the amount of recipes I'm posting recently, but please bear with me. This here is  a recipe for a drink. The method is easy and the ingredients are few. This is my "Sunny Morning" cocktail, something I have discovered for myself, and that I really like to make on the weekends or whenever I need something refreshing and fruitful.

The recipe that follows is non-alcoholic, first, because I don't drink alcohol in general, but also since adding alcohol would somehow diminish its title. :) This of course doesn't mean that you can't turn this into a alcoholic cocktail.

click on the images for a bigger view

Let me show you first what we'll be creating.


Ingredients are few but good (this makes 1 "Sunny Morning" cocktail):
- 2 oranges (or 1 if you have a big orange)
- 2-3 shots of pomegranate syrup
- lots of ice
- water to top of your glass



Slice your oranges and juice them. Tip: Before juicing, cut up one thick slice for garnish later, and juice the rest!




Pour into your glass and add your ice.


Now add the pomegranate syrup. This is very sugary and sweet, so be careful not to add to much.  I sort of eyeball it by my glass, But i recon it's 2-3 shots or tablespoons of this. I love the deep red swirls you get when adding this to the orange juice and ice.


Top off your glass with water. This is important, because you need to water down the syrup, otherwise it will be too sweet. Give it a good shake, until it comes out pinkish.


Garnish with a slice of juicy orange, or serve straight up. This goes well with breakfast, brunch or as a midday refreshment.


I hope that you liked this post and the images inside and that you'll also make this, since it's so easy and you usually have all of these ingredients on stand by. Thanks for stopping by.

29 comments:

  1. it looks delicious and also makes a wonderful photo op and fodder to feed the blog.. love the post and keep them coming, i love your photo's no matter what they are of..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so refreshing Mersad, would be perfect for our hot summer right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds wonderful and the photos are just great too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, scheint super lecker zu sein. Orangensaft ist sowieso mein absolutes Favorit!!! LG

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous drink! The recipe is so simple and sounds refreshing. I need to locate the pomegranate syrup and make this drink. Thanks Mersad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks quite refreshing
    and yummy!
    Thanks for the sweet comment, Mersad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great photos, mersad! such gorgeous colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...you're such a brilliant photographer my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks and sounds delicious!! Love your photos as always, Mersad, and now I'm more than ready for breakfast!! Hope your week is going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks and sound good, but since my doctor told me to lay off sugar, I'd probably have to pass on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum, I'll be right over. It looks so good and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful AND refreshing-looking! What more could you ask for in a drink? I can't wait to try when the weather warms:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mersad, you are a man with many talents.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ich finde es klasse, auch mit Essen oder in diesem Fall Trinken ;-) Tolle Beschreibungs-Fotos und das ist ein toller Frühjstückscocktail. Würde mir jetzt auch gefallen *gg*

    Wünsche dir einen tollen Tag und sende liebe Grüsse

    Nova

    ReplyDelete
  15. You even make oranges come alive with your great shots. Looks a refreshing drink - well worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This would be perfect for hubby so trying it is a must! Roll on summer!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm taking this one for sure...yum! Your photos speak volumes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow!Great cocktail,Mersad!Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The "cocktail" looks great, and your photos of it are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have a pomegranate tree in my yard, and love oranges...this is a PERFECT combination. I'm gonna try it...soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How delicious, and so easy! You photographed the whole process so well, and now I wish I had the ingredients for my morning beverage! I will pick them up at the grocery store in a bit and try this tomorrow morning. It is a very healthy drink too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks like a refreshing, and colourful drink Mersad. I wouldn't worry about sharing food and recipes since your photos are a good lesson in food photography.
    Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The color is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. AnonymousMay 20, 2015

    Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  25. YUMMY!!! and beautiful too! Perfect timing; it's Sunday morning right now. I am going to try your recipe today, but I will have to use strawberry syrup instead because I am not sure where to get pomegranate syrup (and we have strawberry syrup at home). I will have to search for pomegranate syrup because it will definitely taste much better than strawberry syrup. Thank you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh delicious! This looks like a really refreshing summer drink. I love pomegranates. You are so lucky to be able to get them so fresh! Have a great week, thank you for the recipe and the link up.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.