Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Take a peak in our Garden during Spring

It's seems like the work in a garden will never stop. I have previously shown our garden in Autumn and Winter, but there really is no point in talking about it without showing it during Spring. My dad and I have been working on a little project last Sunday, and I wanted to share with you what we have done.

We have these two grassbeds, that you can see in the first image. They are in half circular shape, and we wanted to do something with them, because the green itself was a bit monotone.

click on the images for a bigger view

The first image shows the finished result of our work. We planted some flowers along the sides of the grassbeds, to circle them in and have some color except green.


It all started early Sunday. I used a shovel to cut the shape into the ground. Then I went in again a second time to cut out the other side, almost like cutting paper. I went with the shapes that were already there.


Next up, I used a small cutting tool, to cut the pieces of ground, into smaller chunks. This took the longest :)


We brushed some of the soil off of the pieces of grass that we cut out, and then used fresh potting soil to cover the rest of the semi circle.



Beni was no help, of course, and used the time to sleep in the morning sun :)


These are the flowers we bought to replant.


We had red and pink flowers, which we distributed along the path.




We had these flowers before. They bloom almost all year, and have nice vibrant colors.



Now some impressions of the results of our labor. I took these shots during sunset, later in the day.






We had a beautiful spring day on Sunday, with almost clear sky.


A look up at the hills in the distance, with the sun slowly setting on the other side.


Beni, looking up at me on the balcony, from where I took some of these images.


I hope you liked what we did. I think I will do a follow up to this post, in the summer, when everything we planted should be in full bloom. Do you guys do any gardening?

32 comments:

  1. I do exactly what Beni is doing, rest or watch... you are a master gardner, this is really really beautiful. my favorite part is the walk way... i love monochrome with a pop of color and can't wait to see the summer view. i assume the green that is planted in between is not harmed by walking on the walk way. i love that walkway....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not harmed at all. The grass is very resistant (called Dichondra). Thanks for your comment Sandra. Beni had a wonderful time! :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. Do you have to mow over the rocks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't have to mow this type of grass.That's why we planted it! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm with Beni, laying in the sun watching the work happen sounds a lot more fun. Very nice garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That garden is Amazing....but like Ron above, I'm with Beni. Though my son does like some of the digging work. He did some for me yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It represents lots of hard work but the final result is worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work, great result
    Have a Good Easter
    Ciao
    Stefano

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful and delightful garden, Mersad! I live in a very small apartment complex, but the landlord does love flowers and a well kept yard, so the gardeners are here every week and it does make for lovely and colorful surroundings!! Lovely captures as always! And thank you, as always, for your visits/comments on my blog!! Enjoy the remainder of your week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful design and it looks like lovely low matinance after the initial work.
    We garden all Spring, Summer and right into fall I love it.
    You did a lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The results of your hard work look beautiful in your photos. Are those begonias? I suspect they are, and should bloom throughout the summer. You accomplished much, and still had energy to photograph it. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful....yes, gardening is a chore, but oh the beauty created by all the work. Well done. Love the begonias [one of my mother's favorites]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice work! Your landscaping is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful series.. Love all the work you did.
    I like Beni's job, more my speed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, your landscaping is just stunning! I love the green in between the rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think your garden is well on its way to being alive with beautiful and bountiful color!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have a splendid garden! Love those wax begonias. You can actually take cuttings and root them over the winter to plant the next Spring. It is a little work, but fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Big job digging this out by hand... Very nice results!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's really creative - and beautiful! We don't do much gardening, but what you did there inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Also mir gefällt es sehr gut wie ihr die Begonien dort angepflanzt habt. Schaut richtig toll aus und gibt einen superschönen Abschluss wenn sie dann ausgewachsen bzw. zusammengewachsen sind. Mag es eh wie ihr es gestaltet habt mit den Beeten und auch den Steinen. Sieht edel aus.

    Ja, Gartenarbeit macht immer viel Arbeit, aber wenn es dann so schön aussieht und blüht freut man sich doch wieder.

    Liebe Grüsse

    Nova

    ReplyDelete
  19. Schön gemacht, mir hätte am Anfang der Rasen leid getan, rauszunehmen, aber das Ergebnis ist gut. Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love simple landscaping that is not over done. This is amazing! Lots of hard work but it really paid off. If only Beni could start helping...

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love it!! great job...and that beni!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just love the design of your garden. It is both pretty and tasteful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Now that is one really nice garden. Your hard work has paid off. Sweet Beni too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yowser! That's a lot of work but it looks fantastic. I think Beni had the right idea, a nice nap in the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It looks very pretty. I love all the white space because it really makes the shapes stand out. We do not have warm weather yet. We did, last week but this week it's freezing again...

    ReplyDelete
  26. HI Mersad What a fantastic job you have made of your garden.I see from one reply to a comment that you do not have to mow the grass. I would like to know, did you grow it from seed? Or did you buy it is sods? Is it expensive to buy and what is the name of the grass? I love my garden, even though it is small and I have a very small piece of grass but if I did not have to mow it, it would be even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We grew it from seeds. It's very easy to manage, and I recommend it.

      Delete
  27. Great work and lovely garden! Benny looks cute doing his work ;) we don't have a garden now, but we like to keep lots of flower pots in and outside the house.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.