Friday, July 10, 2015

Mini Cheesecakes Recipe (by Nigella Lawson)

I recently bought Nigella Lawson's book "How to be a Domestic Goddess - Baking and the art of comfort cooking". It's a really great cooking book, with many sweat treats but also savory baking options. I made her Mini Cheesecakes (modified the recipe just slightly, but it's Nigella's version). Since I made them in the middle of the night, I didn't take behind the scenes shots, but I couldn't omit the delicious result from this blog. I hope you try these.


Ingredients

- 100 gr (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 250 gr (9 ounces) digestive biscuits
- 200 gr (7 ounces) cream cheese
- 50 gr (1/4 cup) sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 x 12 muffin tin
- raspberry jam (or any other jam of your choice)


Method

1. Preheat your oven to 190C (375F).
2. Grease your muffin tin with butter or vegetable oil.
3. Put the digestive biscuits in a food processor, add the butter which you have melted or have at room temperature, really soft. Blitz together.
4. Put the biscuits and butter mixture into your  muffin tin, and let it come up on the sides, like a little cup that will hold the filling.
5. Mix the cream cheese in a food proccesor until smooth, then add the sugar and beat again. Then add the egg, beat again for a minute. Add the sour cream, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Combine until smooth.
6. Pour the mixture into the shells you have made in the muffin tin.
7. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the filling is firm.
8. Let them cool completely, then refrigerate for 5 hours or over night.
9. Add a tablespoon of jam of your choice on top of the chilled mini cheesecakes.


My version is different  in that I use a regular muffin tin, instead of a mini muffin tin, and also I add the jam on top. For me it made the mini cheesecakes perfect. These are so easy to prepare and ideal for a party or get together. Enjoy!


24 comments:

  1. Oh wow Mersad! Would love to try these :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just make them, they are super easy to bake. Taste sooo good! :D

      Delete
  2. Sjajna kreacija Mersad - izgledaju fenomenalno! Cheesecakes su mi medju najdrazima!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure that I couldn't eat just one! Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Mersad, your mini cheesecakes look delicious. I wish I could grab one off my screen! Thanks for sharing the recipe! Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks heavenly!!! And what's nice, not a lot of sugar OR fat content. I can go for that!!
    Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are little bites of cheesecake, so you don't feel too guilty eating them :)

      Delete
  6. I am definitely making these tomorrow for weekend visitors, thanks so much Mersad.. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how they turn out for you. We went through ours very quickly! :)

      Delete
  7. they look wonderful and I think i can smell the aroma..

    ReplyDelete
  8. These do look wonderful and since our heat wave has moved on, it's definitely time to do some baking!! Thanks for the tasty treasures as always, Mersad!! Hope you have a wonderful, "delicious" weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, I have SUCH a sweet tooth - I would love these!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make them, you will not be disappointed.

      Delete
  10. I love Nigella, I have seen her cooking TV show and she is so much fun to watch! These look amazing, Mersad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Nigella, I have seen her cooking TV show and she is so much fun to watch! These look amazing, Mersad! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. She has a new show coming out this fall called "Simply Nigella". I'm looking forward to it.

      Delete
  12. They look good enough to eat... I might have a go at making some.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look just yummy. I'm a real cheese cake lover and I think this is now on my lost. Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from Still Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They look absolutely delicious! I wish my husband wasn't a diabetic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They look absolutely scrumptious, Mersad. I have to get printer ink but will be coming back to print out this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I read that Post and got it fine and informative. photographe publicitaire

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.