When I need a refreshing drink I usually like to make it myself. I have been in soft drink territory before on this blog with the Sunny Morning Cocktail, but this recipe here is a bit different, even though both feature pomegranate syrup. It's still somewhat sharp from the lemons, even though the pomegranate syrup (we buy it already made, you can use pomegranate juice in stead), gives enough sweetness. I like this version since it doesn't add any extra sugar or artificial flavor.
Pink Lemonade Recipe
Ingredients- 250 ml (1 cup) lemon juice, organic preferably
- 250 ml (1 cup) pomegranate syrup
- 1,5 liter (6 cups) water
- Mint leaves
- Lemon slices for decoration
1. Place all the lemon juice and syrup in a big pitcher and add the water.
2. Place the lemon slices and mint leaves inside (I like to keep the sprigs of the mint as well).
3. Store in the fridge until chilled (I don't add ice into the pitcher so that it won't dilute the lemonade).
4. Serve over ice if desired.
I hope you will enjoy this refreshing drink! I also posted another recipe today for Roast Lemon Chicken with Carrots and Potatoes. If you haven't seen it click here to view it.