Monday, October 3, 2016

The Great Wisdom of Autumn [Through My Lens Nr. 62]


I always find myself extraordinarily energized by the arrival of fall: the crispness of the air, the slowly growing darkness, the simmering of soup on the stove, and the pulling on of wool sweaters. I love to witness the great turning of the leaves toward radiance and then release. I have much to learn from trees about living brightly and then letting go at the right moment. A lot of people celebrate fall season with pumpkin pie, decorations, and taking in crisp mornings. I love all of those, but mostly fall is a season to meditate on colors, life and change.

The hidden secret of fall: the leaves don’t actually “turn” colors. With the winter season coming, and the process of photosynthesis being without the key ingredients of warmth and sunshine, trees begin to break down chlorophyll. With the “green” gone, the other colors that have been there all along, the magical reds, golds, and oranges, begin to express themselves. That’s the secret: there is no turning, no changing. There’s only the death of what has been masking the colors inside. The beauty has been there all along. And we as human beings are like this. Each one of us contains hidden jewels inside.

Bring on the sweater. Bring on the crisp morning. Bring on the pumpkin pie. And bring on the end of those things that masks the glorious, divine colors within ourselves. Thank you all for joining me in another week for Through my Lens. Show us what lights up your lives.


Now I want to see what you have been up to. Link down below and share with the rest of us!
 

What "Through my lens" is about

This meme is about sharing your favorite blog post with the rest of us. The themes are open, there is only one rule: the images have to be taken by you.
I want to see your photography!

How this Photo meme Works

1. Share your favorite post under the linkup button below and follow the instructions there
2. Only share the url of your post, not the url of your main page
3. In your post link back to this post of "Through my lens" and visit others!




Please spread the word and help me grow the link-up.

Use the image below for sharing

Or simply copy/paste this code in the HTML of your post

 

37 comments:

  1. Yesterday I enjoyed the autumn on it's best a take some time for a shooting. So today I have some colourful pictures from pumpkins and autmun for you.
    Have a great week ... Frauke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nisam ljubitelj jeseni jer me podsjeća na dolazak zime, koju pogotovo ne volim, ali ovako na slikama izgleda baš lijepo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you! Feel exactly the same :)
    Thanks for hosting, have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always feel so amazed at your stunning photographs, dear Mersad, with them you catch the most wonderful details which the Nature shares with us, thank you !

    Hope your week is off to a good start,
    I'm sending my dearest hugs to you

    Xx Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post and photos Mersad. I think we all love the transition of autumn. Your though provoking analysis of the changes was just perfect.
    Thanks for hosting once again and I wish you a good week ahead :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lieber Mersad,

    The great wisdom of autumn...
    So eine tolle, poetische Ãœberschrift.
    Und die passenden Bilder dazu. Toll!
    Passt auch hervorragend zu meinem Beitrag.

    Herzliche Grüße
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that you explained that the beauty is there all along! Lovely trees!
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing place. Love the post and pics :)
    Have a nice week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi!Your photos are very beautiful. I like autumn too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are really getting some pretty fall colors already! it's feeling like fall here too...you can just feel it in the air!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your take on the changing colors of the leaves and the application to our own lives. Rather poetic, actually. You're a young man of many talents.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wieder sehr schöne Bilder, liebe Grüße.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've captured fall's arrival in a most lovely way. While it isn't my favorite season, its arrival is certainly a colorful one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. looking up up up in that tree is magical indeed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The depth of colors in autumn is really amazing.

      Delete
  15. Your mountains look like ours, Mersad, full of autumn color. The weather has still been warm here, but the trees are all ablaze in gold and orange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must me quite the sight. Love your images Pat!

      Delete
  16. Wonderful words of wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely photos of my favorite season.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I shared a photo my sister sent me from Colorado....it too is colors of Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing autumn glory mersad and thaks for hosting

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful Autumn colors!
    Our trees are just beginning to show Autumn colors. It will be a few weeks before they are at their best here in Mississippi.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your pictures are beautiful and your words are meaningful ... I agree with it all except wool sweaters make me itch. I am a hoody kind of person :) I knew about the manner in which leaves expose their inner selves ... sadly we rarely see the real persons inside their masked persona. Wouldn't it be nice if, as in the fall, we could will that to happen? It sure would shine light on the beauty ... and perhaps the beast :)

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! I love autumn colours.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful photos. I also love your easy to understand explanation of the colours changing - or should I say the absence of green I had no idea. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Der Blick in die Baumkrone gefällt mir. Ich stehe auch oft unter diesen schönen mächtigen Bäumen :)
    Wundervolle Landschaft.
    Liebe Grüße
    Gusta

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for your explanation of the leaves changing colours. We don't have this happen with Australian trees as they are ever-green, but we do have places where we can go and enjoy the fall colours. However, spring is my favourite time of year with the bursting of spring wildflowers into colour. Enjoy the rest of your week and thank you again for the link-up.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Eine tolle Herbstlandschaft hast Du aufgenommen.
    Viele Grüße
    Falk

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.