Friday, March 9, 2012

How to get a Shallow Depth of Field in Your Photos

The 50 mm 1.8 from Canon has proven to be the best thing since purchasing the DSLR itself. The focus is very sharp (as you'll be able to notice in the image that follows), and the depth of field nice and shallow. To achieve a very shallow depth of field, I recommend shooting in Aperture Priority mode (Av on the camera dial), and choosing the lowest your lens will let you (in this case 1.8), then set your ISO accordingly (lower light = higher ISO, but with the 50mm lens this won't be a big deal, since it's great in low light) and shoot away. More test images with the new lens will follow.

And since I have mentioned the word follow, let me just quickly remind you on my previous post. If you have a twitter account, then follow me www.twitter.com/mersaddonko or @mersaddonko if you're searching right in twitter. I'll follow back and we can stay in touch.

And now to the image:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.