Monday, March 7, 2016

Celebrations, Cakes and Couch Crimes [Through My Lens Nr. 32]

It's the start of March and around here that means the start of birthday celebrations. They go through April and end in June, and my sisters birthday is up first. I make the cake usually, and this time it was no exception. Luckily for me I had the weekend and with it some time. As the new week starts I'm also looking forward to your posts and glimpses into your world. Thank you for always linking in and sharing.



I like baking and cooking, but layered cakes are a lot of work so I usually make them only for birthdays and special occasions. I made this really great fluffy vanilla cake with chocolate and sour cream frosting from smitten kitchen. Recipe is here. By the way, the green thing in the cake layers is confetti that has somewhat melted in the oven :)



Beni of course was of no help. After flipping the couch pillow violently, because no one payed attention to him, he went into sleeping position and only briefly looked up as I was about to take a photo of him.


Now I want to see what you have been up to. Link down below and share with the rest of us!

What "Through my lens" is about

This meme is about sharing your favorite blog post with the rest of us. The themes are open, there is only one rule: the images have to be taken by you.
I want to see your photography!

How this Photo meme Works

1. Share your favorite post under the linkup button below and follow the instructions there
2. Only share the url of your post, not the url of your main page
3. In your post link back to this post of "Through my lens" and visit others!



Please spread the word and help me grow the link-up.

Use the image below for sharing

Or simply copy/paste this code in the HTML of your post

 

40 comments:

  1. It looksso jummy!
    The lovely pets are not a help, but sometimes counterproductive ... - Mother made cake with raspberries and cream, placed on the table and walked out.
    Later, when the guests arrived, the cream was gone and the raspberries we distributed as little red dots on the white tablecloth. Cat loves cream ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must have been quite the sight. Luckily my dog doesn't disturb the process in that way :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks you very much for sharing these links. Will definitely check this out.. cakes auburn al

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh that cake looks scrumptious. Many thanks for hosting. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't had a chance to cut into it yet. I hope to post some update shots of this :)

      Delete
  3. May I have a piece of your cake, please? It looks so yummi!
    Today I'm here with some old things.
    Have a great Week and thank you for hosting!
    Greetings from Germany ... Frauke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frauke for visiting and joining us. We will try the cake a bit later for the first time. Right now it's still chilling in the fridge.

      Delete
  4. My sweet friend, so you also love baking and cooking pies, you're truly talented !
    As for today's link up party, today I'm sharing with you two posts of mine, one about the first Anniversary of 'My little old world' (the third is approaching !) and one about one of my Spring garden.

    With so much thankfulness, I wish you a most wonderful week ever
    sending dear hugs to you

    Dany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Daniela for linking in! Wish you a great week as well.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. And you're spouting some great looking cupcakes in your post :)

      Delete
  6. That looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm looks so delicious, wish you a cheerful party !

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh that poor neglected beni, he looks so sad! dogs are so funny! the cake turned out beautiful...happy birthday to your sister! i make funfetti cakes for my kids' birthdays but cook them in ice cream cones. it's the only cake they want for their birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hallo Mersad,
    danke für deinen Kommentar bei mir.
    Den Link habe ich nun sofort geändert !
    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to your sister! Nice cake :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Her damit! Du weißt, Schocko Kuchen ist mein Liebling und es schaut so lecker aus, könnte ich ein Stück sofort haben.
    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a special cake especially as it's baked by you for your sister. I dread to think what a cake might be like if my brother tried!
    Beni is adorable.
    Happy Birthday for all of your up and coming Birthday celebrations.
    Thanks for hosting this fun link up Mersad... I wish you a great creative week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Birthday season for us, too! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that cake looks wonderful.. yummm and i did laugh because Beni looks a tad disgusted with the whole cake baking thing. like maybe he is sulking. Happy Birthday to your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beni is such a beautiful pup! Love the cake. We have Birthday's in our home coming up over the next few weeks as well. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. MMMMM! Delicious looking chocolate cake! Your sister is a lucky girl to have you bake her birthday cake!
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That cake looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a perfect cake! Mine - on the few times I attempt them - come out looking like a mountain or volcano! Happy birthday to your sister and hugs to Beni! And thanks for hosting such a fun linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ich wünsch dir ein fröhliches gefeiere, mersad :-)
    und so lecker schaut der kuchen aus !
    lg anja

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mersad I wish I had a slice of your delicious looking cake right now! I like Smitten Kitchen's recipes very much.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think I'll bake a cake - with chocolate frosting. Hmmmm - great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The cake looks delicious. No doubt Beni wanted some! Happy birthday month.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beni does look a bit miffed! However, that cake looks yummy! Happy Celebration and thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's one professional cake!! :) Looks yummy!
    Thanks for hosting again.

    ReplyDelete
  25. March starts birthday celebrations in our family too. Yummy cake and get togethers.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Chocolate is always the answer!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my that looks so good Mersad. My daughter Aimee makes all the family birthday cakes. Smitten Kitchen is very familiar to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. That cake looks amazing, Mersad! EnJOY all the celebrations, you'll have to start dieting in July if you make all the cakes, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Just came across your site, what a great resource!

    ReplyDelete
  30. The cake looks yumm! Beni is cute :) I liked those plants on the window sill..wonder what are those called?!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.