Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sarah McLachlan - Laws of Illusion (Album Review)


This is not my ususal type of post, but I just couldn't not write about this. For a couple of years now I'm listening to Sarah McLachlan, discovering her old albums and singles. I actually discovered her music while watching the now very underrated "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" seriesby Joss Whedon. The featured her song "Full of Grace" in the second season finale. After I watched the epiosde I reaserched the music and was amazed by Sarah's talent. (On a sidenote, the recently canceled Joss Whedon show "Dollhouse" got me to listen to Sia, another great artist).

After almost 10 years since her last full-studio-album, "Afterglow" came out, now she has put out a new one. It's called "Laws of Illusion" and it's perfect. I know that fans of hers had high expectations to this record, and I can safely say that she has met them.

The new record shines with perfect, heart-heavy songs, touching upon: loss, illusions, love, seperation, wonder and life. The lyrics are very deep and take some time to understand. Sarah writes all of her music and she does this in such an amazing and layered way, that the songs stay with you for a long time. The album will be out on June 15th, but for now you can listen to it on Sarahs Facebook page for free (Click here for direct link).

I won't go to much into detalis here, since I'm pushing the boundries of this photography blog, but I encourage you to listen to it, you won't be dissapointed. I'm hooked on "Bring on the Wonder" right now, a very melow and voice-driven song. Especially this part:

I can't see the stars anymore living here
Let's go to the hills where the outlines are clear

Bring on the wonder
Bring on the song
I pushed you down deep in my soul for too long 

On another note (more photography related): I took some time out from studying to catch up on taking new photos. I made a nature trip yesterday, and new photos will be up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.