Bosnia and Herzegovina has become a really popular tourist spot over the last couple of years. Each summer, lots of people visit the country, either during a road trip through the Balkan Region or specifically because they want to see some of the well known places. But as soon as the heat of summer disappears there seem to be fewer people visiting. For me personally the best time to visit is in Autumn, and even winter has its charm.
In order to get this out before the autumn and winter season approaches I went through 5 Reasons You Should Visit Bosnia and Herzegovina in autumn and winter, even though summer is still in full swing. Of course there are many more reasons to visit. The places and tourist spots I have talked about on this blog are always there, no matter the season.
This post, on the other hand, goes into detail why this time of year in Bosnia and Herzegovina should not be missed. I hope you will enjoy it!
1. Mild climate in the South of the Country
2. Winter activities in the Mountains
3. Exploring the Region is easier
4. Autumn colors in the Landscapesyou get sweeping mountain vistas, parks and valleys colored in red, orange and yellow. After the leaves fall of in winter, the scenery transforms again, and you can find beauty in those times as well.
5. Fewer people in popular spotstake a better look at the views in front of you.
I hope this article can help you in deciding to come and visit during the later part of the year. You will love it!