Friday, August 26, 2011

At Rest [300th Post]

I wanted to do something special for the 300th post, maybe include some wallpapers, videos etc., but as faith would have it I'm away from home on my laptop, where none of my hd material is to be found. So I will catch up with that as soon as I'm back. On the other hand I didn't want to wait too long with posting my new material so here it is.


This photo was taken in a small town called Drvenik on the Adriatic coast. My sister and I were taking a walk and came across this small beach. It was very secluded and hard to approach, but the view was amazing and the picture had to be taken.

Unfortunately I didn't bring my tripod with me that night, so I had to improvise. I climbed on top of a bigger rock nearby and used some stones to make sure the camera was firmly positioned. With shots like these you can't have any shakes. Usually that means not even touching the camera when you take a photo. Pros use shutter release cables. But there is another way that bares no cost. I just used the timer for self release on my camera, then pressed the shutter and stepped away from the camera. I took 5 seconds and the camera took the image. Then I had to wait for a bit until everything was done.

The waves were slowly approaching the beach, and with the longer shutter this effect was created. The waves look like satin now, which is layed on top of the ocean. Here is another angle:


The shutter here was a bit faster. Getting the  focus was very hard since I had to place the camera on the beach and lay down and look through the viewfinder, but I managed it somehow. 

So that would conclude the 300th. I hope that with your support we can reach another 300 and beyond. Sorry again, for not providing any goods right away, but as I said I'll get to it as soon as I'm home. All the best.


Other blog milestone posts are:

2 comments:

  1. I could look at another 300 of your pictures of the sea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Your support means a lot. :D And more sea images will follow.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe by E-Mail for blog posts in your inbox:

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.

Follow this blog on Blogger