Friday, June 17, 2016

Summer Days around our Mountain Cottage

Summer is slowly creeping up on us here, with temperatures rising every day. It has also been very humid, which has given nature around town plenty of time to bloom. So going out to take photos has been very fruitful. Though I must admit that going up the mountains to our cottage is always fun. What's equally fun is trying to capture the familiar from new angles and corners.

Don't you just love the sight of clouds drifting by on a slow afternoon. Completely carefree and joyful I stare the sky above. The sounds of nature, from the wind blowing through the trees, to the water rushing by, are surrounding me.






The river Sanica is flowing from its spring, making its way through the rocky terrain and mountains.

As a poignant ending, this song comes to mind: "In a World of My Own" from Alice in Wonderland. have a happy weekend.



16 comments:

  1. Beautiful place and pics.
    ~ Have a nice weekend ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. i could be very very happy at your cottage, the views, the skies and all those gorgeous trees... i could sit on one of those rocks and stare at the sky and trees and listen to the water for hours. a chair would make it better....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, Mersad! I love your photography! Here in Montreal, Canada, it has been very nice, warm but not humid (yet), and I have been enjoying some lovely long walks in nature. I have to be very careful when the temperatures reach over 30 and the humidity gets high, so on days like that I need to be out of the heat as much as possible, and in an air conditioned environment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful scenes. The sky and clouds are ever changing and a good place to get inspiration for photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos of the woods and stream. Your mountain cottage must be some place special. BTW, your video has been disabled by owner. I assume that is Disney.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wunderschöne Fotos sind das wieder. So eine wunderschöne Landschaft. Du lebst in einer wunderbaren Natur.
    liebe grüße und ein schönes Wochenende noch.
    lg susa

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a serene spot. I love that you have a little river flowing by all that greenery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous place and gorgeous photos! Looks like a perfect place to be!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Der Bach hat so schöne Farben. Ihr habt dort so schöne Natur direkt um euch herum.
    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marvelous photos, I love the freshness of the spring/summer shots.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. A week at your cottage would totally relax me I think Mersad. The stone & wooden fence in the 1st photo has real character to it. A beautiful place indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this set of photographs, particular the first of the blossom shots. Apologies for my long absence. When my husband died I seemed unable to get started again with visiting blogs. I am not quite there yet, but I feel I am getting there slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your beautiful photo and descriptive language make me want to be there. Beautiful Mersad.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sure that you treasure you mountain cabin as I do. In the Adirondacks they are called "the camp." Thanks Mersad for sharing and please remember that the welcome mat is always out.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.