Thursday, June 2, 2016

Moments in the Woods


I'm drawn to nature a lot when it comes to photography. I don't know if that's because I'm a city boy, and spend so much time around concrete and buildings, or if I just like to photograph the stillness and tranquility of it. Whatever the case may be, I love escaping through visits and photos to the woods and forests surrounding me, but I even in far away travels I seem to be seeking them out. There is a certain connectivity with these places, something that is much needed between people these days.

A walk through the woods is of course good for you. No matter if you jog or take a walk, nothing rejuvenates the body as fresh air and calm. Decompressing is easy when you are here. You can't feel stress or tension when surrounded by trees (do stay on marked paths though, you don't want uninvited animal visitors :)


It's interesting that woods are equally fascinating to me in winter as in spring. I don't need leaves on the trees to feel comforted (even though I wouldn't push aside the warm glowing colors of autumn). There is of course one upbeat to leaves in the trees, and those would be the sounds. When the winds rush through the lands, I just have to stop and take a moment to listen to them. Those are the moments in the woods that are most special to me.


I wish you all a happy weekend ahead!

9 comments:

  1. beautiful. nature is healing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quite right. Nothing like a walk outside to soothe the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Beautiful verdant trails!

    http://randomscribblingpad.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love a walk in the woods. It sure makes one feel good.
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  5. This wooded area is difficult to ignore. The place is incredible.

    Worth a Thousand Words

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful shots! Agree with you, I'm more inspired to take photos when in nature.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you get to find rest in nature! These are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.