Monday, April 17, 2023

Top 8 Things to do in Pisa, Italy


Pisa, Italy, is a picturesque city that is famous for its iconic leaning tower, but there is so much more to see and do beyond this architectural wonder.
During my visit to Pisa, I was captivated by the city's iconic Leaning Tower, but I soon discovered that there was so much more to explore. Wandering through the narrow streets of the old town, I stumbled upon charming squares, historic buildings, and vibrant cafes. I was in awe of the intricate marble work and stunning artwork inside the Pisa Cathedral 

 

Top 8 Things to do in Pisa, Italy

1. Visit the Leaning Tower of Pisa: This is undoubtedly the most famous attraction in Pisa, and it's a must-visit. Marvel at the unique architecture of the bell tower, which tilts due to its soft ground foundation. Climb to the top for panoramic views of the city.

2. Explore Piazza dei Miracoli: The Leaning Tower is part of the larger Piazza dei Miracoli, also known as the Square of Miracles. Take your time to explore this UNESCO World Heritage site, which includes the Cathedral of Pisa, the Baptistery, and the Camposanto Monumentale, all of which are stunning examples of Romanesque architecture.

3. Visit the Pisa Cathedral: Located in the Piazza dei Miracoli, the Pisa Cathedral is a beautiful cathedral with intricate marble work, frescoes, and stunning artwork. Step inside to admire the ornate interior and learn about its history.

4. Explore the Pisa Old Town: Pisa has a charming old town with narrow streets, historic buildings, and lively squares. Take a leisurely stroll through the city, discover its hidden gems, and indulge in some gelato or espresso in one of the many cafes.

5. Discover the Museums: Pisa has several interesting museums to explore. The Museum of Ancient Ships showcases Roman ships, and the Museum of San Matteo houses a stunning collection of medieval art. The Museum of the Cathedral of Pisa also houses important religious artifacts.





6. Take a boat tour on the River Arno: Enjoy a leisurely boat tour on the River Arno, which runs through Pisa. Admire the city's architecture from a different perspective as you glide along the river and take in the scenic views.

7. Sample local cuisine: Pisa is known for its delicious Tuscan cuisine. Try some local specialties like ribollita (a hearty vegetable soup), bistecca alla fiorentina (Florentine-style steak), and pasta dishes made with fresh local ingredients. Don't forget to pair your meal with some local wine!

8. Attend a cultural event: Pisa has a vibrant cultural scene with various events throughout the year, including music festivals, art exhibitions, and theater performances. Check the local calendar to see if there are any events happening during your visit and immerse yourself in the local culture.

Pisa offers more than just the leaning tower, with its rich history, culture, and delicious cuisine. Make sure to explore beyond the iconic tower and discover all the hidden treasures this beautiful Italian city has to offer.


Thank you all for joining me in another week of "Through My Lens". I am looking forward to your submissions this week. I hope you will have a great start into the new week!   

Now I want to see what you have been up to. Link down below and share with the rest of us!

What "Through my lens" is about

This meme is about sharing your favorite blog post with the rest of us. The themes are open, there is only one rule: the images have to be taken by you. I want to see your photography!

How this Photo meme Works

1. Share your favorite post under the linkup button below and follow the instructions there
2. Only share the url of your post, not the url of your main page
3. In your post link back to this post of "Through my lens" and visit others! 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Please share this link-up with the image below.  

 
Or simply copy/paste this code in the HTML of your post


11 comments:

  1. Magnificent architecture this Pisa mersad and you photographed it well. Thanks for hosting and I hope you have a lovely week ahead

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've really been enjoying these posts from Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These images from Italy are so gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pisa is such a beautiful city. I went there during my high school days but I still remember how gorgeous it was. Your photos are as lovely as usual. Thanks for the linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I climbed up the stairs of the Tower of Pisa in the 70s when I was in my teens. It was a fun experience and one I'll always remember.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Todas esas visitas son muy recomendables y todas de gran belleza.
    Feliz semana.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning photos , Informative post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We stayed down near the river and it was amazing how much the vibe changed the further you walked away from the tower. It really is the most delightful University town....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankyou for taking me back to Pisa. Unfortunately we didn't have long there when we visited on a tour in 2018. Happy travels, and thankyou again for the linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving these posts from Italy. So very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. <Investment is one of the best ways to achieve financial freedom. For a beginner there are so many challenges you face. It’s hard to know how to get started. Trading the Crypto market has really been a life changer for me. I almost gave up on crypto currency at some point not until I got a proficient trader Bernie Doran, he gave me all the information required to succeed in trading. I made more profit than I could ever imagine. I’m not here to converse much but to share my testimony, I invested $2000.00 and got back $21,500.00 within 5 days of investment. His strategies and signals are the best and I have gained more knowledge.
    If you are new to cryptocurrency. You can reach to him on Telegram: @BERNIE_FX
    Or through Email : Bernie.doranfx01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.