Friday, September 27, 2013

Christmas Sparkle in Cologne

As I was sitting down to write and post something to this Friday's Theme, I immediately knew what the images were going to be. And, yes, Christmas is not on our doorstep for another three months, but in these grey days a little warm sparkling lights of Christmas can do no harm.

These images were taken on the Cologne Weihnachtsmarkt (Christmas Market) last December. The Market was filled with all sorts of goodies, from food and wine to toys and kick-nacks. Yes, I know, these are not images from my town, but you be the judge if I should have omitted them...

click on the images for a bigger view











If you would like to see the full set of images from our trip to Cologne, visit the following links (I know there is a lot, but it was a trip with over 800 images that were reduced to 8 posts! I ordered them chronologically. If you like leave a comment or two on the posts below). We had the time of our lives, and I hope we'll manage to bring that forward to you!

A Stroll Down the Weihnachtsmarkt (Part One) 

A Stroll Down the Weihnachtsmarkt (Part Two)

Modern Cologne (Part One)

Modern Cologne (Part Two)

Cologne Cathedral

Phantasialand - Theme Park (Part One)

Phantasialand - Theme Park (Part Two)

Phantasialand - Theme Park (Part Three)

31 comments:

  1. someone's in the mood for the holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I am! :D Especially on a Friday.

      Delete
  2. i am soooo happy you did not delete these, numbers 1, 4 and 6 I just LOVE...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra for checking out the other posts too!

      Delete
  3. The holidays do sparkle with lights and decorations. Great idea for sparkle. I also noticed a shot of Polish pottery. I have some of it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can just feel the excitement of Christmas through your pictures and you certainly captured so much beauty....I especially like the tree with the teal balls and I love Polish pottery....plus I really like the way you shoot at an angle making one use their imagination instead of showing the entire subject. Christmas is a very exciting time and it won't be long before we'll be decorating and thinking of gifts to buy....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The goal was to "insert" the viewer into the images, and create some sort of experience. Glad you felt that way!

      Delete
  5. I have dreamed of going to this Christmas Market. Maybe one day...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mersad...

    coole Bilder ... aber ich bleib mal erst beim Thema Herbst...ich will noch kein Weihnachten :)

    LG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gehe jetzt auch zu Herbst zurück! :)

      Delete
  7. I was there the previous December. The Christmas markets were wonderful fun. Nice photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Will check out if you posted photos on your blog.

      Delete
  8. Such happy photographs. Thank you so very much for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They indeed are happy photos! I'm all in the Christmas mood now!! Thanks, Mersad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have got me thinking about Christmas now. I love Christmas markets and the one you feature is spectacular in its seasonal displays. I nearly went to a German Christmas market a few years back but plans were changed at the last minute. Sad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you and your husband get to visit it!

      Delete
  11. The decorations are just lovely! I can't wait to see more lights during the Christmas celebrations this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your festive post!
    beautiful xmas decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glorious! That is what all the sparkle makes me think. It sure is nice to see now when we don't expect Christmas sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The top shot is brilliant! It's my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Christmas and any time is a good time for some sparkle in our lives. Thanks for the reminder that it is all only 12 weeks away. Love that first image!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are quite cozy and I often find myself escaping to these to take my mind off of things.

      Delete
  16. Christmas and sparkle go together for sure. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Christmas pictures at night looking stunning. I mostly love the 2,3,5,7 photos...At night color are so drizzling..Thanks for sharing..
    Thanks,
    Alena
    Engagement photo session London

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.