Monday, February 4, 2019

Looking Ahead [Through My Lens Nr. 177]


When a tragedy hits you and your loved ones, life is turned upside down very quickly. The journey we make back onto solid ground after having the rug pulled out from under us is one that is truly interesting. Life is life. There will be tragedies and setbacks in all of our lives. Fighting our way back into life, one breath at a time; knowing when to surrender,practicing self-care and compassion; and summoning the strength and courage to go on and keeping the faith that there will be a better day lead us out of the state of shock we find ourselves in. We become the better version of ourselves, slowly begin to turn the page on our losses, write new chapters of life, and make new memories.

I want to thank you all for your well wishes, mails and comments of compassion and love after my dads passing. It has meant a lot to me and my family. We are trying the best we can to heal and look ahead into uncharted territory.

Thank you all for joining me in another week of "Through My Lens". I am looking forward to your submissions this week. I hope you will have a good one!






Now I want to see what you have been up to. Link down below and share with the rest of us!


What "Through my lens" is about

This meme is about sharing your favorite blog post with the rest of us. The themes are open, there is only one rule: the images have to be taken by you. I want to see your photography!

How this Photo meme Works

1. Share your favorite post under the linkup button below and follow the instructions there
2. Only share the url of your post, not the url of your main page
3. In your post link back to this post of "Through my lens" and visit others!





Please share this link-up with the image below.  
 
Or simply copy/paste this code in the HTML of your post



18 comments:

  1. Yes now it is a time for healing but also being thankful for the good memories of your Dad. These images are so beautiful. Thank you for hosting and have a good week ahead

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear the news. My deepest condolences. Beautiful photos. Thank you for hosting this week.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care. Prayers _()_
    Thanks for the post and hosting Through My Lens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning photos as always. Grief takes many months and even years to overcome. Prayers for your family as you struggle to live life without your Dad...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Irish have a fine tradition of celebrating the life and good memories of those who have died. The sense of loss is still there, but at least it emphasizes the positive and it helps unite friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What Sandra said about grief is so true. It can hit you when you least expect it. You and your sister and mother are in my thoughts as you walk through these early days of grief. In some ways, it's going to be even harder since you've not only lost a dear family member but a vital business associate. Take it a day at a time. And remember...there's a heavenly Father who loves you and a Savior who walked this earth and understands what you're going through.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been thinking about you and your family, Mersad. I lost my father in a tragedy when I was only 18 years old and not a day goes by that I don't wish he was still here with me. I try to keep all the good memories about my father alive and that helps quite a bit. Your father raised a fine son and daughter and you will help your mother and each other through this difficult and sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing for you and your family the comfort of all the good memories. It's OK to be sad, and just last week I got choked up over my Dad who has been gone 15 years. The warm memories are what we can cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a really hard thing to deal with. Go very easy. The grief will well up long after you think you've 'gotten over it' and take you by surprise. Those days are the hardest. You mentally prepare for the birthday or father's day but it's that moment in a shop where a memory springs up and you suddenly fill with tears afresh. But it's also those memories that keep you tethered together. And you don't ever want to lose that. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The passing of a much-loved parent is a very sad time indeed, and I feel what you are going through,having lost my Dad in 2014. I still miss him, and regret time we could have had together. But my heart is calm now. I wish you and your family peace at this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a very hard time for you and your family, I wish you strength and support to get through this most difficult time. May he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mersad, so very sorry to hear of your father's passing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Es ist nicht einfach und wird bestimmt auch noch länger dauern um wirklich zurück in den Alltag zu finden. Dabei wird aber niemals der geliebte Mensch in Vergessenheit geraten. Euch weiterhin alle Kraft die ihr braucht, bin in Gedanken bei euch.

    Liebe Grüsse

    N☼va

    ReplyDelete
  14. You describe the process well, Mersad... And one step at a time is the only way to go! Beautiful photography as always. (And the camera always a great tool to help us focus on the details we might otherwise just walk by.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Remember the good times, talk with family and friends, it's a hard time I know. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so very sad to read of your loss. The loss of a parent is so very difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sending you more prayers and positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are beautiful images! You have a good philosophy. Along with the support of others, it will get you through.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.