Monday, July 4, 2022

Cool Down in the Mountains [Through My Lens Nr. 344]

You won't believe the unbearable heat Mostar has endured these past two weeks. It has been over 40°C (104°F). And the temperatures don't even drop once night rolls around. They get a bit less, but not too much. Air conditioning has been my closest friend so far this summer. So whenever we find time, we escape the city. Going to the seaside seems like the best idea, but it actually isn't right now. It's too hot there as well. So we escape to the mountains. Higher altitudes bring cooler temperatures and we can breathe for once. So the whole family packed up and went to a much needed field trip to the "Snow House" restaurant on Mountain Rujiste. We went there at dusk and it was perfect. Beni and Mak cooled down as well. I think if the heat stays this high, we will have many more visits here soon. I hope summer is treating you better!

Thank you all for joining me in another week of "Through My Lens". I am looking forward to your submissions this week. I hope you will have a good one!  






Now I want to see what you have been up to. Link down below and share with the rest of us!

What "Through my lens" is about

This meme is about sharing your favorite blog post with the rest of us. The themes are open, there is only one rule: the images have to be taken by you. I want to see your photography!

How this Photo meme Works

1. Share your favorite post under the linkup button below and follow the instructions there
2. Only share the url of your post, not the url of your main page
3. In your post link back to this post of "Through my lens" and visit others!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Please share this link-up with the image below.  

 
Or simply copy/paste this code in the HTML of your post


10 comments:

  1. Wow that is hot. I am glad your have the mountains to retreat to and cool down The baby is looking very happy Mersad, Thanks for hosting and I hope the temperatures will decrease so it is more bearable to live in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mak's smiles are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Te decía antes, que me habían encantado esos fotos tan familiares.
    Aquí en córdoba también tenemos veranos muy calurosos, las temperaturas máximas llegan a los 40º e incluso los sobrepasa. Estos días no ha llegado a los 40º, pero nos espera todavía buenas olas de calor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful way to spend the day! Mak is getting big and is so adorable! Your food looed delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! Now that is just too hot. We have only had a couple of days of heat, but I'm pretty sure more will be coming. Your get away looks wonderful .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those triangle things look interesting. I've not seen those before (the food)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot imagine living in temps that high. Great idea to escape to the mountains. The food looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The food looks so yummy and that is nice that you get to escape.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is sure hot where you live but at least you have an excuse to eat delicious food at a nice outdoor restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...40C is too hot for me!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.