A day trip to Blidinje Nature Park is one of those escapes that makes you realize just how much natural beauty lies within a relatively short drive from Mostar. Surrounded by the dramatic peaks of Cvrsnica and Vran mountains, Blidinje feels wonderfully removed from the noise and heat of the city, with wide open landscapes, forests, mountain meadows and the peaceful waters of Blidinje Lake creating an atmosphere that is both rugged and calming. I spent the day slowly exploring the area, stopping whenever the scenery caught my attention, taking photographs and simply enjoying the fresh mountain air.
What I enjoyed most about the visit was how different Blidinje feels from the landscape of Herzegovina only a little farther south. The cooler air, dense pine forests and high mountain scenery make it feel almost like entering another region entirely. The park is also full of little reminders of the people who have lived in this area for centuries, from traditional settlements and mountain roads to the famous medieval stećci scattered throughout the region. I spent the day moving between these landscapes without any real rush, taking in the views, photographing the details and enjoying the peaceful rhythm of the mountains. By the time I began the drive back, the light had started to soften and the park seemed even quieter than before. It was a simple day trip, but one that reminded me why Blidinje remains one of my favorite places to return to whenever I want mountains, open space and a complete change of scenery.
Now I want to see what you have been up to. Link down below and share with the rest of us!
What "Through my lens" is about
This
meme is about sharing your favorite blog post with the rest of us. The
themes are open, there is only one rule: the images have to be taken by
you. I want to see your photography!
How this Photo meme Works
1. Share your favorite post under the linkup button below and follow the instructions there
2. Only share the url of your post, not the url of your main page
3. In your post link back to this post of "Through my lens" and visit others











No comments:
Post a Comment