Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Night on the Sea

A heavy glow of after burn was lingering in the sky as I took these images. I vividly remember coming up to the edge of the beach, setting up my tripod, and gazing into the distance. Everything was calm and at peace. Sounds of birds could be heard in the far distance, and the waves were slowly arriving at the shore, making the most tranquil sounds.

The sea was very forgiving and calm, which provided great opportunity for some long exposure photography, but more on that later.

click on the images for a bigger view


Somewhere in the distance, far city lights are burning up and getting ready for the night ahead.


I shared this image before, but wanted to do again here, since it belongs in this set with the others. This pier was so beautiful to walk on. The steps leading into the sea added a special touch.


This is an example of long exposure photography. I shoot this in manual mode, and a 25 sec exposure. This created a milky effect on the surface of the water which was moving. The stones remained untouched and sharp. What fascinated me later on, was how deep into the water I could see.


Then the moon shoved up from behind the hills. Heavy set with an orange glow. What a sight in person. Another long exposure shot almost did this sight justice.


I hope you enjoyed taking a stroll with me on the nightly beaches.
Are you a fan of long exposure photography?

30 comments:

  1. have never tired the long exposure, i don't have a tripod, they are to heavy for me to use with my arthritis. these are all beautiful and very peaceful to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can enjoy my photos then. If you search for "exposure" in the search form you will find other posts with a similar theme.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous color! These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alle Fotos sind wunderschön, aber das 3. und 4. gefallen mir wahnsinnig! Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the deep saturation you got with the colors in the sky and water. You must have great patience when taking these long timed exposures. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does take some time, and you have to redo some shots. You also have to be careful that nothing touches the tripod.

      Delete
  5. Wow, the pier shot is amazing. I miss the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous, Mersad. I really love your photography. The first and last photos just grab my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an interesting sight to see. I have done some long exposure images, but so far they have not been especially good. I need to work more on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jack. I'm sure that if you put your mind to it, yours will be even better.

      Delete
  8. Very nice group of photos! Were you using a ND filter or small aperture for the long exposure pictures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was using a wide aperture and no ND filter. I really didn't need one during this time of day, since there was barely any light to begin with.

      Delete
  9. oh these are beautiful mersad!! seriously beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mersad, a restrained and beautifully relaxing set. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You captured the peacefulness of the scenes... brilliantly done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, something else for me to try - long exposure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What can I say - Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colors, amazing shots
    Ciao
    Stefano

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely amazing! I love the colors. Maybe one day I will be able to take pictures like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are taking some great shots now as well. Love your work.

      Delete
  16. Simply Stunning. That last shot is so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.