Sunday, May 18, 2014

Cherry Season and Garden Work

As I am writing this, the north of my country has been hit by massive floods. People are loosing everything they have, and It's hard to keep on writing, when you know that people are suffering. My mom and I went to the Red cross yesterday and gave some food and clothes  that were delivered to the people in need. And, even though the situation seems to stabilize right now, the people that are left with nothing will have a hard time moving on. 

Here in the south life goes on as usual. People are mobilizing to help the north of the country, and lots of food and clothes is being collected as we speak. I will make another drive later on to give some blankets and more clothes.

click on the images for a bigger view

Otherwise, cherry season is in full swing here, and plum red cherries are to be seen everywhere. You can buy them in these little blue containers, that contrast quite well with the red.




Some gardening is also on it's way. We bought these cute little yellow flowers called "Slippers" (I don't know their proper name). We planted them later on.


Mom got some basil, which was also planted in a small pot.


My flowers, which I planted a couple of weeks back are starting to grow and bloom, and look quite nicely in the flower bed. I planted white and purple ones.




Beni is up to his usual thing, wondering about and making sure the everything is in order in his terrain.


So that's life now. I hope the situation in regards to the floods will start to quiet down. We have never been hit my a weather phenomenon like this before. Thank you all for stopping by, and wherever you are stay safe.

25 comments:

  1. I know how you feel Mersad. My country suffered too last year when Typhoon Haiyan swept an entire City. We all could do something to help alleviate their pain. My prayers to their family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. You always read about these things, but can't really comprehend how it feels like to be in the middle of it. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  2. wowww lovely ^.......................^ and little dog so cute...
    Ummmm want to take photo there if can heehee

    ReplyDelete
  3. i saw that headline on msn and immediately thought of you. glad you and yours are safe. bless those who have lost much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Theresa for your thoughts and wishes.

      Delete
  4. Oh, yes, Mersad, I'm so glad you and your family are safe and hope you remain so!! Wonderful captures for the day! The cherries and flowers are so colorful and beautiful and I do love Beni!! Have a good week, stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about all the flooding in your country. I love your cherry photos - yum! Our cherry season will start in a few weeks, usually mid-June.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cherries are in full bloom here and we are enjoying them every day.

      Delete
  6. My prayers go to your people who are suffering. We had our share of floods this year leaving people without homes so I understand your concern.

    Love those cherries, they make my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mersad..I came because I saw the massive flooding in the news and the photos were horrific. I am glad to see that you are ok and taking beautiful photos.. I will keep your countrymen in my thoughts...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never could shoot the cherries beautifully. And you did it perfectly. They look so delicious!

    And I love so much the purple and white little flowers. They touched my heart!

    Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about the devastating flooding. I'm glad it hasn't directly affected you, however. Beautiful photos! Very vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrible to see what's happening there. I am glad that all is OK where you are. Love the dog shot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The weather is terrible all over our planet. Sorry to hear about the floods.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy, delicious cherries! We have some in our refrigerator right now, too!
    I'm very sorry to hear about the nearby flooding!
    Warm regards from Eagan Daily Photo in Minnesota, USA

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw that on the news or read it somewhere, and I thought of you. So sorry for those in the flood zone, but I'm glad you are safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mona. I am safe, but there are so many people suffering right now.

      Delete
  14. How nice! What a sweet little dog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I'm in love....with Beni!! How sweet.
    Those yellow flowers are very pretty, but your composition photos of the cherries are extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I also heard this on the news. So sorry for all the suffering there. It is folks like you and your family that give people help and hope. Love the shots of the cherries and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peggy for your thoughts and for visiting.

      Delete
  17. Yes it is hard to focus when things like flooding effect your country. I saw some of your photos of the damage, it looks awful. I am glad you are doing what you can to help others out.
    The cherries look yummy and how neat they put them in blue containers.
    Some lovely flowers too.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.