Sunday, May 4, 2014

Visions of Days Past

*UPDATE* The Series previewed here is now uploaded. You can visit it by clicking here.

As I am writing this, Photoshop is up and running in the background, waiting for me to return to editing. Two days ago I made another journey into, previously unseen territory, for a new series. This time i visited some landscapes and villages, located east from Mostar. I thought of posting the first part today, but since I took over 250 images, I am still editing and writing, so that's going to take the rest of the day.

I wanted to write this post to give you some sneak peeks into the things that'll come. You can expect part one to be uploaded tomorrow. The series will be called "Remains of the Past".

click on the images for a bigger view

The series will explore the vast landscapes of these regions of Herzegovina, with a visit to old villages, that have been abandoned and destroyed over time.


It's also a personal story of exploration and human nature, of things that were and that still haunt these regions today.


I hope to take you on a big journey and show you the beauty of the country as well as the melancholy that lingers.


I hope you'll have a great Sunday, and I'll see you tomorrow with part one. I hope you liked these sneak peeks. But there is so much to come, many different sights and locations. So stay tuned!

25 comments:

  1. Pretty scenic shots! I love the last shot of the countryside. Beautiful spot! Have a happy day and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a lover of rocks and stone and trees... and mountains. you have all three..that tree is magnificent...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a wonderful limestone area.
    What lens did you use for the first picture. The foreground looks a bit soft. It's still a grand scene. I maybe speak out of turn but I focus at anything over f11 at around a third in. It is easier to sharpen horizons with a bit of dodge and burn then i duplicate the final image sharpen and mask out the bad bits that halo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. I did a f8 on the first one. But I think it turned out ok in the end. Usually I do f11 for landscapes as well.

      Delete
  4. You have certainly tempted us with these three fabulous images Mersad.. roll on tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Part One will be up in two hours. :)

      Delete
  5. Your landscapes have a stark beauty, but this looks to be a hard land, stony and cold. Love the old stone wall photo. It speaks of hope and failure, and also has great texture. I am looking forward to seeing your future posts in this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitively a land that has seen a lot. There is much coldness here, masked by the beauty of nature.

      Delete
  6. my gosh, what a beautiful lead-in...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Breathtaking beauty and incredible captures, Mersad!! Thank you, as always, for sharing the beauty! A wonderful way to begin my day! I, too, am looking forward to more in this series!! Have a great new week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be lots of beauty in the series, but also lots of melancholy (which can be louring as well). Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. I am blown away with such serene beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will like the rest then, :)

      Delete
  9. The mountains are beautiful and the dark clouds really make that a great shot! Beautiful scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AnonymousMay 04, 2014

    love especially the first one, with the clouds above the mountains. and the colours are very nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I look forward to more images and these are certainly stunning. My favorite is the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking forward to your new series, if these three pictures are any indication of whats to come we're in for a real treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This and more will be featured in the series. Part One will be up today!

      Delete
  13. oh just beautiful, all of it! i love that old rock wall!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.