Wednesday, December 28, 2016

The Most Popular Posts of 2016


As the year is coming to an end, we all get reflective on it and try to compose what has happened and where we're moving to next. Last year I did a similar post. For this year I wanted to do the same thing and get a bit reflective. In this post I will showcase the most popular posts of 2016 on Mersad Donko Photography, sorted by month. I wanted to show what was the most popular and which posts got the best response.

With a little work I went through my Google Analytic and Blogger Statistics, and picked the most popular blog post in each month, for 2016. After reading this, I want you to tell me if this is an accurate representation of your own views on what should be popular, and maybe even tell me if some blog posts are missing from this list that you liked.

click on the images for a bigger view,
and on the titles to open up the blog post

The Most Popular Posts of 2016

 


As the holiday season wound down, we were all undoubtedly in the need for a fresh scenery. At least I was. While this post covers destinations previously visited by me and therefore tested, I'm also including places that are on my bucket list when it comes to Europe. It was the most popular post in January and would continue to be a often visited post throughout the year.

February 2016: Impressions from the Countryside

February was a sad month for the blogging community here. One of our blogging friends and "Through My Lens" participants Tina Forrester, more known as East Gwillimbury Camera Girl and her husband died in a car accident. This post shared some countryside images that she would have loved, I'm sure.


March 2016: 10 Things I Learned from going on Road Trips

A more inspirational post proved to be the most popular one in March. During my years of travel I have become knowledgeable about certain aspects of road tripping, so I thought, why not share the things I learned from going on road trips with others. So glad you enjoyed this post.


April 2016: 10 Places You Must see along the Pacific Coast Highway


The Pacific Coast Highway was probably the most exhilarating and most beautiful part of our road trip to the USA back in October 2015. When you plan your trip down this iconic road that winds down the most gorgeous shorelines, it does become a bit daunting on what to see and what to do. It's not just one place, it's a lot of places dotted along a journey that takes 2-3 days. We did our research thoroughly and I think we managed to see most of the important places.

May 2016: Nature Taking Over


I love discovering spots where abandoned buildings are taken over by nature. Not only do these places provide great texture for photos, but they are also very spooky and serene. For this edition of "Through My Lens" I chose some of my favorite rustic views from the countryside.



Hot summer days are perfect for escaping to rivers and water in general. These shots were taken on the shores of the Neretva river, south of Mostar in the small village called Moruga. In June this post cooled us down.



Summer at the seaside is both enjoyable and beautiful. Especially in the evenings when the sun starts to set and the atmosphere calms down. If you happen to be at a spot where you can see the sun low and deep orange then you will be really happy. Those sights are the most precious ones. These images were taken in Zablace, Croatia. 


August 2016: Foggy Evening on Grabovica Lake


I love foggy landscapes, but even more so I love it when the fog is visible on water surfaces, like rivers and lakes. I rarely get the opportunity to take those shots, since I'm usually never near a lake or river early in the morning or evening. But I was on a drive and in this post I shared some evening images from the lake.


September 2016: 10 Places to Visit in Europe in Fall


Europe as a continent offers a lot to the traveler. On a relatively small piece of land (compared to the other continents) you can find many cultures, regions, climates and cities. From the cold north to the warm south, Europe really does offer a lot to the fellow traveler and It can be daunting to choose where to travel to.This was one of my favorite posts as well and the most popular post in September.


October 2016: Walk in the Mountains - A New Path

Our Mountain Walk was the most popular post in October. We embarked on a new path which took us further up the mountain Prenj. As we made the curve and started going up the hill, we had a great view of the Glogosnica river valley. The small, same named village, could be see in the far distance.


November 2016: Driving Vermont Route 100 (and getting lost)

November was marked by the start of our USA Road Trip 2016 Travel Series to New England. This post from Vermont was the most popular. Vermont is known for its scenic routes. There are a lot of them, but the most popular seems to be Vermont Route 100. It's a rural two-lane road crossing the heart of the state. In this post we took you along for a last countryside drive before we headed into New York City (where we also got lost in the woods).

December 2016: New Haven to Narraganset - A Drive Along the Atlantic Coast


The year closed out with lots of travel posts. This one from our drive along the Atlantic Coast was most viewed. We left NYC fairly early in the day. Rain started to fall somewhat and would continue to do so throughout the day, which was a shame since we had planed to walk outside a lot. It wouldn't hinder us though in enjoying the day.




Thank you so much for all your visits and for your continued support.

18 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful photos in 2017. Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/12/the-church-of-pater-noster.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Das waren alles super schöne Posts. Könnte ich sie sogar nochmal anschauen.
    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  3. i remember most of these! all great posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great collection of photos and posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These surely are highlights from the past year. It shows just how much you travel and what a great photographic eye you have. Thank you for this excellent post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. My dream was to be a successful rich man,but at the age of40, i was still struggling with basically everything in my life; relationship wise, we had failed to conceive with my partner of 7 years no matter the medical help we sought,at work i was never promoted for all the years i worked,but ever since i sought the help of Mama Alphah a traditional healer { +27631229624 } , everything has changed,she gave us powerful herbs and my wife is expecting twin boys,using the 'magic money ring' i have since been promoted at work and been able to pay off all my debts.I am so grateful to you Mama and am sharing this so that other people can be helped. Email: Mamaalphah@yahoo.com
      Call Or WhatsApp on +27631229624 Mamaalphah
      Web : http://drmamaalphah.puzl.com/

      Delete
  6. well... I think it would be a treat and great pleasure to dive into your photo's-harddrive.... ;-)

    Wishing you a magnificent New Year
    Have a nice ABC-Wednesday / _ Week
    ♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc=w=team)
    http://melodymusic.nl/abc-wednesday-19y/

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's not hard to see why these posts were so popular, Mersad. I love your road trips and look forward to many more. Happy 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great year, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hast du dir aber Mühe gemacht, auf die Idee wäre ich noch nicht gekommen^^ Tolle Posts sowie Fotos. Macht immer Spaß bei dir zu lesen.

    Liebe Grüsse

    N☼va

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved your all posts. Awesome pics.
    Keep sharing.Best wishes for 2017.
    Greetings :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! that is an awesome palce and it have so many good things to enjoy. so stunning photos you shared.
    Best Flight Deals
    Online Flight Booking
    Discount Airline Tickets

    ReplyDelete
  12. Best wishes for a fantastic 2017, Mersad!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful picks, Mersad, and your photos are absolutely gorgeous and captivating! Wishing you all the best for now, 2017 and always!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous images and informative pieces. thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is one of my favorite blogs to read. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your year in review, though I'm biased towards the New England pics because I've been to those places.

    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  17. 2016 was the year you made us see how beautiful the world is. Thank you.
    Happy 2017!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.