Monday, September 28, 2020

The Fortress of Hvar [Through My Lens Nr. 259]

In this post I want to share some images from the main fortress in the town Hvar on the same named Croatian Island. I hope to ring out the summer with this, as fall is at the door. If you walk from the main town square to the north, passing the main city gate or Porta di datallo (Gate of Dates) ascending the stairs through the old part of the city in which there are palaces built in the 15th and 16th centuries, through small bends that give out the aromas of Mediterranean plants, you will reach Hvars fort Fortica or how the locals call it Spanjola. It was built at the beginning of the 16th century (during the Venetian rule) and was reconstructed in 1579. Today the fort holds a collection of amphora and other exhibits from antiquity and the Middle Ages. Besides experiencing its exquisite architecture, you can get an unforgettable panoramic view of the city of Hvar, its surroundings and the Pakleni islands.

Thank you all for joining me in another week of "Through My Lens". I am looking forward to your submissions this week. I hope you will have a good one!







Now I want to see what you have been up to. Link down below and share with the rest of us!

What "Through my lens" is about

This meme is about sharing your favorite blog post with the rest of us. The themes are open, there is only one rule: the images have to be taken by you. I want to see your photography!

How this Photo meme Works

1. Share your favorite post under the linkup button below and follow the instructions there
2. Only share the url of your post, not the url of your main page
3. In your post link back to this post of "Through my lens" and visit others!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Please share this link-up with the image below.  

 
Or simply copy/paste this code in the HTML of your post




10 comments:

  1. What an interesting place to view Mersad and great photographs taken. thanks for sharing and hosting. Have a wonderful week ahead

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another super post, Mersad. And I'm happy to report I was finally able to post a link to this page with the new interface.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly amazing place. Awesome photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE fortresses - what a fantastic post! :D I love it, and it's definitely on my list for when I make it to Croatia one of these years. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the tour and wonderful photos of this historic fort. I see the canons are long gone, but the view are still great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an interesting p[lace to visit to see the exhibits and the panoramic view!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tour. I especially liked the photo with the two lounge chairs. What a wonderful scene.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would really love to visit there. Thanks for sharing it. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the old buildings!!!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.