Monday, August 15, 2022

Visiting the port city Rijeka in Croatia [Through My Lens Nr. 350]

During my stay on the Island Krk I also happened to visit Rijeka, which is a big Croatian city on the main shoreline. he city's economy largely depends on shipbuilding and maritime transport. I never visited before, but I managed to escape Krk for one afternoon at make a stroll. I enjoy the city, though it being a port city it can get a bit dirty and busy. The city does have a quality that is different from other bigger towns on the Adriatic Sea, like Split and Dubrovnik. Situated between the famous resorts Opatija and Crikvenica, this pearl is also often visited as an excursion destination. It is worth staying longer in Rijeka, because numerous attractions in the old town, interesting museums as well as beautiful beaches are waiting to be discovered! The absolute gem of the city is the Korzo, a beautiful pedestrian promenade with numerous colorful buildings built during the Habsburg monarchy. On top of that, on a city tour you will find numerous magnificent squares with ancient buildings, beautiful imposing churches and admirable castles.

Thank you all for joining me in another week of "Through My Lens". I am looking forward to your submissions this week. I hope you will have a good one! 






Now I want to see what you have been up to. Link down below and share with the rest of us!

What "Through my lens" is about

This meme is about sharing your favorite blog post with the rest of us. The themes are open, there is only one rule: the images have to be taken by you. I want to see your photography!

How this Photo meme Works

1. Share your favorite post under the linkup button below and follow the instructions there
2. Only share the url of your post, not the url of your main page
3. In your post link back to this post of "Through my lens" and visit others! 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Please share this link-up with the image below.  

 
Or simply copy/paste this code in the HTML of your post



 

 

7 comments:

  1. It is a lovely promenade--- Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful place, Great pics. Thanks a lot for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful architecture and fun street art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mersad, I always enjoy your travel photos. When I tried to link my photo today all I get is an error message. My photo is: http://grantedmutterings.blogspot.com/2022/08/two-horses.html
    if you would like to post it for me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. certainly looks like a summer destination. Safe travels, enjoy your week and thankyou again for the linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful place. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This article is very attractive. I am glad to see your photoghraphy. keep sharing about your tour.
    Now it's time to avail Locksmith Leeds for more information.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.