Monday, March 5, 2018

Off Season in the Old Town of Mostar [Through My Lens Nr. 135]

We finally had a sunny late winter day in Mostar. During the day, my friends and I made a day trip to nearby Posusje, but more on that later in the week. Sunday evening was filled with a walk through the Old Town of Mostar. Currently it's the off season, which means not many people are visiting. But as March goes on so will the crowds of tourists. It's only a matter of time. Meanwhile I got to make some evening images of the most prominent parts without people in them. That's also an unusual sight.

Thank you all for joining me in another week of "Through My Lens". I am looking forward to your submissions this week!









Now I want to see what you have been up to. Link down below and share with the rest of us!


What "Through my lens" is about

This meme is about sharing your favorite blog post with the rest of us. The themes are open, there is only one rule: the images have to be taken by you. I want to see your photography!

How this Photo meme Works

1. Share your favorite post under the linkup button below and follow the instructions there
2. Only share the url of your post, not the url of your main page
3. In your post link back to this post of "Through my lens" and visit others!




Please spread the word and help me grow the link-up.
Use the image below for sharing

Or simply copy/paste this code in the HTML of your post

 

23 comments:

  1. Mostar looks beautiful at night, Mersad. It's always more fun to walk through a place when it is not too crowded with tourists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shots but it is like a ghost town without people. Thanks for hosting. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these--- They make me want to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baš djeluje pusto grad, nisam navikao da ga vidim u ovom izdanju.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful place. Loved the post and pics.
    Have a nice week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you see the beauty better without the crowd. Love this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful historical town ...and definitely the right time for locals to visit before the tourists get there! Thank you so much for hosting .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ich liebe deine Mostar Bilder jedes Mal, egal wie oft du welche zeigst.
    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  9. Need more shots from the river...just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful night shots! I particularly love the river.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mersad, you are the master of night photography. Terrific use of light and shadow, and I love the colorful reflections in the river.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...beautiful night images.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your gorgeous photos make me want to visit your town!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful shots. I particularly like the shadow cast in that first shot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to be able to walk through these old towns with my camera. Have a fabulous week and thank you again for the link up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mostar looks empty. I usually have to wait a long time to get an empty capture like the ones you took. I like the night shots with colour accents from lights.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Off season is good for pictures too. Empty streets look well at night scenery.
    Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So very beautiful. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the bridge shot - it works well with the accute arch

    ReplyDelete
  20. Excellent images. I love taking walks on a quiet evening. This would have been heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What an interesting old town. And you had it almost all to yourselves to wander and enjoy. - Margy

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.