First off I wish you all a Happy New Year! I hope 2016 will be as great as you imagine it to be. I had a small celebration within the family last night, and as the morning light came through the windows on the 1st of January it was time to start into the new year. Each beginning holds a promise of a fresh start and I guess that's why there are so many resolutions being made at this time. I'm not a believer in them actually. I don't think you can will yourself into changing overnight.
I do believe however that you can try new things and accomplish goals and that's what this post is about. New Year's Resolutions you can actually stick to should be about something that will fulfill you, but also get you going. Here are some of them, that might get you started.
New Year's Resolutions You can Actually Stick To
1. Take up a hobbyIt's so important to have something to do other then work. I love my job, but I also need other things in my life to make it complete. From hanging out with friends, photography, cooking, traveling, music, etc. Take something you like and turn it into a passion. It's never too late.
2. TravelStart small end big. I'm sure there is that one place in the city you always wanted to go to, but never got around, or that little spot in nature you heard a lot of good things about. Don't waste time, make every second count. If there are places you want to see, make a plan and stick to it. Buy the guide, the plane ticket or fill up the gas tank. You'll thank me later.
3. Declutter and SimplifyWe all have that one drawer that is filled with rubbish (please say you do too :), or those papers we want to file for a long time, or old things that need throwing away. There are really two simple things when it comes to organizing your home (and life). Everything should have it's place in your home where it needs to be returned to, and also don't buy things you don't need.
4. Start your day the right wayFrom a daily morning routine (washing, cleansing, moisturizing) to eating well for the start of your busy day, make sure to have a happy attitude in the morning. Things will be that much easier.
5. Adopt a dogI'm saying dog specifically because I'm a dog owner, and I truly believe that they are mans best friend. They will enrich your life and make it happier. They will change it of course as well. I bought my dog, but would adopt in a heartbeat now.
6. Finish up what's holing you downThis might be the most indirect one, but it's a psychological thing that really holds true. Unfinished business really tends to drag us down. It's a very important life thing. Fix things you can, and move on if you can't.
I wish you all a Happy and Prosperous new 2016!