Friday, October 2, 2015

Visiting Lukomir [Part 3/3]: Sights from the road back Home

Our stay in Lukomir is coming to an end. But before we depart home, we are going to have lunch in the village and enjoy the surroundings of mountain Bjelasnica. We had such a great time in Lukomir and I'm glad you all enjoyed our images so far. There was a very big response to this travel series, so I hope this final part will equally thrilling.

This is a multi-part travel series. Other parts include:
Part 1: On the Hills around Lukomir
Part 2: Inside Lukomir
Part 3: Sights from the road back Home

 click on the images for a bigger view

Eating in Lukomir

Lukomir has a local establishment with a garden where food is served. We ordered the traditional pita (pie rolled up, I have a recipe for a version of it on the blog) with yogurt and while we waited for it we also got some coffee. I would advise you to come here first, order your pita and then go exploring the village, since it usually takes 30-40 minutes until the food is prepared.



We warmed up a bit inside and when the pita came we got it sliced up and ate. It was very delicious and juicy. We got one filled with cheese and spinach, but you can also order a potato and meat variety. It's very enjoyable to sit around an old table in this old village and eat a very traditional meal. We all enjoyed it very much.


Return Home through the mountain Bjelasnica

It was time to depart and head back home. Since I didn't show you the drive to Lukomir, I will now show you some images of the landscapes that great you as you arrive/leave. At first they are barred and stripped of much vegetation, but soon woods and greenery returns. It's a varied drive.



After driving for a couple of minutes we encountered this special road block. Two cows, who roamed freely like most other animals here, were standing on the road in front of us. They wouldn't move so I had to stand still in the car as well. Honking didn't work either.

"We mean business!"

In the end we just had to move towards them slowly which prompted them to move (slowly also) to the side. They let us pass and the journey could continue.




Lonely views

The drive through these landscapes doesn't take long actually. It's only a 15-20 minute drive until you get to the paved part of the road and greener views. But until you get there you can find many lonely sights like houses dotted in the mountains, a lone tree here and there, and fences moving across the land. I stopped many times to get out of the car and take images.





Woods finally start showing up again and I really enjoyed this part of our drive. We had some moody clouds on this day, but they added so much atmosphere to the shots. Luckily no rain so we could stop and take images.


After a half hour drive you arrive to the ski resorts on the mountain Bjelasnica. If you don't plan to eat in Lukomir, you can find a lot of restaurants here with great views of the mountains. We stopped here shortly to go into a supermarket, and then continued our journey back home.




The End

46 comments:

  1. Toll schaut aus, dieses authentischer Café und lustig ist es, wo die Kühe entgegen kamen. :-)
    Wieder tolle Eindrücke.
    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Die haben uns für eine weile stehen lassen :)

      Delete
  2. WOW! Now that was the most wonderful trip. The mountains are so huge and you can see that when you let us see a little house in one of the shots. I love all the wonderful stones and as for those cows, now this just reminds me of very rural Ireland. I love the moodiness of the shots and the long winding rough roads. Thanks for sharing this great trip. Have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mountains are huge indeed. We had a great time traveling through them. I would definitely recommend getting here very early to enjoy as much as possible of the surroundings.

      Delete
  3. This is an out of the world place. I could spend months here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you and your dogs would have a great time here.

      Delete
  4. That's one unforgettable experience and beautiful place I sure would like to see and experience myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the 'feel' of the cafe... homely and quaint, and good food too. Enjoyed seeing all the photographs, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous series, Mersad. The wide vistas on this last post are outstanding.
    Thoroughly enjoyable... Gold star!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Laura. I tried to keep the best landscape shots for last. Glad you liked them.

      Delete
  7. I have enjoyed the trip very much; I wouldn't know about these places if it wasn't for you. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What majestic mountains and beautiful valley. Brings back my summer memories of the Rockies in Colorado! Nicely done! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great trip indeed and I have enjoyed your photos SO much!!! I do agree with Jorge, I wouldn't know about many of these places if it wasn't for you and your wonderful captures, Mersad!! Thank you, as always, for sharing your world and your travels!! I hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What stunning scenery. I especially love the shot of the little house nestling in the hills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janice. So glad you enjoyed the shots.

      Delete
  11. my eyes were stuck on the cows from the car and the dog behind the fence and on that lovely lovely pita. yum would love to try it.... i agree with Janice on the stunning scenery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra for visiting. We loved seeing that the dog as well, as we passed him. He's a watchdog for a field, but can roam freely. He even his his brother with him.

      Delete
  12. Amazing countryside. I especially enjoyed the early shot inside the restaurant, and the first picture of the cows. Excellent stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This landscape is very rugged and beautiful. That meal looks like something I would really enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a traditional food here and it seems that everybody loves it here who comes to visit.

      Delete
  14. That food looks nourishing (and delicious!) The terrain on the road back home is desolate, all rocks and fields. It is hard to imagine that this is a good area for farming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, these rugged parts of the mountains are probably not. The farming land surrounds the immediate village (you can see it in the google maps I provided if you zoom into the village).

      Delete
  15. Gorgeous photography! I like all of your road shots.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Coole Landschaft, fast ein wenig wie im wilden Westen ;-D! Auch die Blockhütte mit dem Spinatkuchen gefällt mir total gut. Da würd ich mich auch wohl fühlen! GlG Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke, wir hatten eine tolle Zeit in Lukomir. Auf jeden fall emphelenswert.

      Delete
  17. The pita looks great, and so does the landscape.
    I particularly liked the photo with the lonely, little house, and the ones with the cows and dog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you recieved my previous comment but here's another. I so appreciate the time and diligence it can take to get these quality pictures. They really help tell the story so well

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's like I was there! Only I wasn't and I clearly regret not being there because your meal looked spectacular. Great photos. So glad to have found you through OBW.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful old countryside. I am amazed at how much rock is in the hills.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The scenery seems somehow haunted a bit. Definitely moving pictures of a beautiful part of God's creation.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Eating delicious traditonal local meals and driving through such scenic beauty of untouched nature is a real comfort to the soul and body. I feel relaxed only through your fascinating photos, Mersad.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  23. I loved experiencing your travels through this post. One of my favorite parts of traveling is getting the opportunity to experience traditional foods! We traveled to Bulgaria twice in the process of adopting our daughter from there. It seems there are some distinct similarities in food and culture! A beautiful place! I feel blessed by my visit here and thankful you were my neighbor at the #StillSaturday linkup!
    Blessings and smiles,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  24. That meal looked incredible and so did the place where it was served.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The land looks barren but it has a beauty all its own. Loved the winding roads and variety of fence shots.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Mersad, what a great trip! The cafe and the pies look awesome. The scenery and landscapes are just beautiful. I love the shot with the cows in the road, awesome! Have a happy day and weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  27. the food looked good, but those views of fences and rugged terrain are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like your happy trails of pictures such a variety. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  29. The countryside is beautiful, Mersad. How strange it must feel to meet cows coming up the road you are trying to drive down!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fantastic post. - That food looked so good (I'd order the Meat and Potatoes version).
    What amazing countryside. - It's so different from anything around where I live. Love the way the hills roll and the dirt roads look so charming. - Awesome fence scenes too. I really liked the barbed wire shots, especially the one with the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  31. That looks a fantastic place to walk through, lovely photos

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful countryside! Great images! I enjoyed viewing your blog this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Mmmm that Pita looked tasty. - Again I am amazed at the countryside, the roads, the beauty of the area and the wonderful scenes/fences you captured. My favorite is the one with the dog at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  34. The countryside is beautiful, Mersad. How strange it must feel to meet cows coming up the road you are trying to drive down! alprazolam 1mg

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm so glad and enjoyed your BLOG, It is very informative on the subject or topic, and Thanks For Sharing this post.
    https://xanaxforsale.com/xanax-pill-xanax-2mg-xanax-side-effects-xanaxforsale-com/

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.